Happy New Year!
Personally, I love that it’s a new year because last year, if I’m totally honest with myself and you, I was really disappointed by it. Yes, I got to experience many awesome things. I got to meet wonderful people who have changed my life. And overall, I was truly blessed by no major tragedies or illnesses for myself or within my close circle of family and friends. And I’m so grateful for that.
So why was I disappointed by 2017? I wanted to do more. I wanted to see different results by December 31st 2017. Did things change in my life a lot in 2017? You betcha they did! But did they change in the ways I wanted them too? Yes, some things did, but some things didn’t. And when I thought about those things that didn’t change, I realized those things had more meaning to me than any of the stuff that did change.
So as I’m writing this right now, I just realized one big thing. You have to know how important something is to you. You have to give it a ranking of importance. Yes, you may have listed out your goals for the year of 2018 already, but if you were to accomplish 3 of your goals, but not make progress towards your #1 area of importance would those 3 goals you did do matter to you as much? I don’t know. That’s for you to decide.
What I do know for sure, as of about 5 minutes ago that is, that the amount of importance and weight I give a goal or intention matters to me. So that is one thing I’m going to go back to my yearly goals, right after writing this, for 2018 and rank them by importance.
And as we’re talking about it, who has picked out their 2018 word of the year? Is it just me or does this seem like a heightened trend this year? Yes, I love the concept and I do it every year, but this year it seems like everybody is talking about a word of the year which actually is pretty cool. Why is it cool? Well, because sweet friend, that means they have taken the time to intentionally think about how they want their year to go and what they want for this year. Clarity = power. Clarity = freedom. So if you haven’t picked your word of the year yet, go take a look here. I shared my experience of how I like to pick my word of the year.
Oh and for those of you wondering what my word of the year is…..drumroll please……it’s TRANSFORM. It actually came really easy to me this year during my reflection process of 2017 and my planning day for setting 2018 intentions.
And without more chit chat from me, here are my January 2018 goals which support my higher level intentions for the whole year.
JANUARY 2018 GOALS
- Take down Christmas decorations like the Christmas Tree. I want to leave up all my winter decorations longer because like most of you know I’m Christmas obsessed so I love to find an excuse to make this acceptable for as long as possible and technically, it’s still winter. 🙂
- Get all the details posted for my virtual New Year New You event happening in January! Stay tuned to join in the fun evening of creating more fulfillment and purpose in your life!
- Fill up my 1 on 1 coaching spots with clients for February. I’ve only got two spots left! Send me a note if you are interested and let’s chat!
- Finish two books through Audible or reading.
- Write for our February church newsletter – Due January 20th
- Host an online event to share more about what it’s actually like to work with a life coach & answer all your questions you keep asking me.
- Do more writing. Yes, this one is still on the list. Fun fact: I love writing. I never thought that would be something that I would truly love as much as I do, but it’s my way to express myself. Now, am I good at it? That’s debatable, but the Huffington Post seems to like it so I just keep doing me and sharing my heart with you. So I want to do more writing for my blog & give you more insight to your own life and do some more writing for our church newsletter and other outlets as well.
- Have a Skype Date each week with a friend or family member to create deeper connections.
- Stay faithful in my my morning Bible reading routine.
- Workout 3x per week this month & walk every day.
JANUARY HABITS TRACKER
As for my habit tracking this month, I want to keep things very similar to the month of November because honestly, I still haven’t mastered some of these yet and I have more work to do. These habits all support my bigger goals for December and for the overall year so I definitely want to continue making these part of my daily practice.
Did you start using this super cute habits tracker that I shared with you last month from Danielle LaPorte that supports your Core Desired Feelings way of living? This is something she teaches in The Desire Map that I have adopted into my own life and have genuinely loved and felt such a noticeable difference in my life from it. You can grab your own free copy HERE.
- Read my Bible after dinner each night or at least each evening. I really want to dig into His Word and promises more deeply.
- Pick and read out loud my daily mantra this helps me center back in to my energy
- Track my food in my food app each day
- Start using my oil diffuser with my new holiday/winter scented essential oils each evening when I’m working
- Go for a 45 minute walk each day
- Start each morning with reviewing my life purpose statement and my core desired feelings
- Cultivate one thing each day that makes me feel Hygge. Don’t know what hygge is? Check it out here. I have a part Danish heritage and absolutely adore this way of living.
- Text/email/call one friend each day to see how they are doing & catch up
- Listen to some form of Personal Development material each day through YouTube or podcasts
- Meditate 5 days a week. This is so important to create the energy that moves me forward in the direction of my dreams
Whelp, that’s all I have for now. Gotta get out the door and make some dinner. Boots is begging for his food too. Fun fact: Boots is a social eater and will only eat his food when I sit down at the dinner table and eat mine. Who still eats at the dinner table? Am I the only one? Alright, it’s dinner time in the Beilke house.
I hope each of you reading this enjoy your reset month and have an intentional January!
Sending you a big hug & more love,