Baby, it’s cold outside. Well, at least that’s how it’s been feeling in Minnesota recently. For all my Florida friends, I’m a bit jealous of the weather you are have down there now. 🙂 As a new month is already here, it reminds me of a few different things and feelings I’ve been having lately. (And, I’m going to share with you because this new monthly goals series is all about sharing my heart with you and basically, it’s like you get super exclusive access to my diary if I actually kept a diary 😉 )
Anyways, so here’s the deal. I’m feeling all the feels of wanting change, yet wanting tradition & routine. I want cozy & simple, yet my curiosity drives me to want to try all the things of the season. I want to work 24/7 towards my dreams, yet I want to slow down & just BE present with the people in my life that matter most. Basically, I’m a walking contradiction about how I am feeling as we head into this beautiful fall month of November. Uffda.
So here we go, I’ve split my goals out into two different categories – My overall monthly goals along with my daily habits.
NOVEMBER 2017 GOALS
- I want to help my grandma decorate her home for Christmas. I love Christmas and am actually surprised I’ve never actually helped my grandma decorate her home before for Christmas. She collects Christmas trees and I can’t wait to hear all of her stories and memories around each Christmas tree decoration she has received throughout her life. And her snow babies! Do you know what those are? Google it. They are absolutely adorable!
- On that same note, I want to deep clean and decorate my home for Christmas. I want to fully embrace the Christmas season and not be stressed out by all the to-dos so I’m going to have my home decorated in November so when December rolls around I can simply be present and enjoy every minute of it.
- Make a new recipe to share with my family at Christmas dinner. Cooking for one isn’t the most fun because you have leftovers for days AND because half of the fun is sharing the meal with others. Normally I don’t cook special new recipes for myself too often, but I love doing it for the holidays and sharing it with my family.
- I want to write my Christmas letters, order pictures, and send out my Christmas cards by the end of November. I absolutely LOVE this tradition. My dad started it with writing the most creative Christmas letters since I was in diapers and I like to write them to my family & friends as well. I want to get them out by the end of November because I moved this year and I want everyone to have my new address early because I love love love getting Christmas mail from loved ones.
- Finish reading Braving the Wildnerness by Brene Brown. If you remember this was my goal last month and I’m almost finished, but not quite. Plus, the book club I host is starting this book in November. If you are in Minnesota, come join us at book club this month! Here are the details.
- Create training materials for the coaching workshop I am hosting for the training of the staff at an early child care center here in the Twin Cities.
- Create the outline and presentation for my speaking engagement at the University of Wisconsin Stout.
- Do the prep work for teaching the little kiddos at Sunday School this month. I’m so excited to share God’s word with them and get to know some of the little munchkins at church better. I go to Pilgrim Church in south Minneapolis. If you are local, come join me on a Sunday. I love the extra company. J
- Do more writing. Fun fact: I love writing. I never thought that would be something that I would truly love as much as I do, but it’s my way to express myself. Now, am I good at it? That’s debatable, but the Huffington Post seems to like it so I just keep doing me and sharing my heart with you. So I want to do more writing for my blog & give you more insight to your own life and do some more writing for our church newsletter and other outlets as well.
- I want to get some goodies sent out to the women in my coaching program who are absolutely killing it with every topic we cover each week. I’m so proud of the work they are doing and the dedication they have for creating the best versions of themselves.
- November 30th I am doing a big virtual planathon party to make the most of your holiday season in December. It’s absolutely free & last year it was such a hit! My goal is to add even more content and resources to help you cultivate and meaningful and stressless Christmas season.
- Plan, Plan, Plan. Can you tell I love planning and do it with everything?! In January I am hosting a big workshop that went great last year called New Year, New You. More details to come, but for November I have a lot of planning to do with my big priority of getting all my speakers lined up.
- I also want to read one book during the month of November. I’m not sure exactly which one I want this to be yet, but I’ve got TONS of options of books I’ve dying to dig into that are sitting on my book shelf.
- Find a way to intentionally kick off the Advent & Christmas season to remember the true reason for the season.
- Research a charity project I want to do during the month of December. I have a soft spot in my heart for ones that have to do with children and with homeless people. If you have any great ideas send them my way, please!
NOVEMBER HABITS TRACKER
As for my habit tracking this month, I want to keep things very similar to the month of October. I felt like they were all manageable habits to begin and that they all supported some of my bigger goals and intentions for the month.
One new thing that I will be implementing is using this super cute habits tracker from Danielle LaPorte that supports your Core Desired Feelings way of living which is something she teaches in The Desire Map that I have adopted into my own life and have genuinely loved and felt such a noticeable difference in my life from it. You can grab your own free copy HERE.
- Read my Bible after dinner each night or at least each evening. I really want to dig into His Word and promises more deeply.
- Pick and read out loud my daily mantra this helps me center back in to my energy
- Track my food in my food app each day
- Start using my oil diffuser with my new fall scented essential oils each evening when I’m working
- Go for a 45 minute walk each day
- Start each morning with reviewing my life purpose statement and my core desired feelings
- Cultivate one thing each day that makes me feel Hygge. Don’t know what hygge is? Check it out here. I have a part Danish heritage and absolutely adore this way of living.
- Text/email/call one friend each day to see how they are doing & catch up
- Listen to some form of Personal Development material each day through YouTube or podcasts
- Meditate 5 days a week. This is so important to create the energy that moves me forward in the direction of my dreams
Alright, so this all feels a bit ambitious, but then again what you pay attention to grows and these are all areas I want to grow so it’s time to pay attention to the big and little things. I feel a bit risky publicly sharing all my goals with you, but at the same time accountability is such a huge factor for me following through because as Gretchen Rubin talks about in her book Better Than Before, I am an obliger. How do you like to track your goals and intentions? If you ever want to talk more about goals or need someone to hold you accountable, send me an email. I would love to chat with you more about it!
Sending you a big hug & more love,