The year is swiftly flying by and what do you have to show for it? Maybe you are where you want to be and doing all the things you love in life, but I can’t help but think that a majority of you are evaluating right this second where you are in your life compared to where you would like to be and they aren’t quite matching up one for one. #uffda Yes, I can relate friend.
The beauty in this is that you can make a choice right this second. You can make the choice to design your days from now to forever how you want them to go. How incredible is that?! You can choose how you want to feel each moment of your life. Starting now. After all, we all know that our thoughts create our reality.
I’m going to say that again because it’s so important. Our THOUGHTS create our REALITY.
If we have the courage to let go of fear and step into what we want in life and have the faith to lean into that feeling then we can completely change the outcome of our lives. We can change our entire future. Fear, after all, is only False Evidence Appearing Real.
When you are thinking about how you want to design your fearless days, there are three elements that I like to think about at the beginning of each day that I know will help you too.
- You start off each morning thinking about and writing down what you are grateful for.
- When you think about what your grateful for and truly feel gratitude, it’s impossible for you to feel fear at the same time. And when you remove fear and make room for other thoughts you have a whole other beautiful outlook on what is possible for your day.
- You pull out your planner and design your actual day.
- Make a list of your must dos, your would like to dos, and any appointments you have that day. Then think about how it would feel to be able to get all of those done that day? Embrace that feel and set grace filled expectations for yourself and your big ambition, friend.
- You identify ways within your day where you can show more love.
- I like to think about specific people that I can show more love to each day. But you could choose certain events or interactions that you know you will have that day whether in real life or online where you would like to show more love as well.
*Bonus: At the end of each day, I like to follow-up with asking myself these three questions and being completely honest with the answers.
- Did I love others as well as I could today?
- Did I fully live today & not hold back?
- Did I make a difference in the world today?
As I think about how I design my days, I can’t help, but to think about the overall feeling and lifestyle I want to cultivate within my life. The beginning of this year I started researching the lifestyle of my Danish heritage called hygge. The Danish term Hygge (pronounced: hoo-guh) is defined as a quality of cosiness and comfortable living. It causes a feeling of contentment and well being. The closest English word it is associated with would be “hug”. (Hugs! Of course. this is so fitting for all of you who know me 🙂 ) It’s the Danish art of contentment, comfort, and connection which is something I’m cultivating more and more of each day.
So how in the world do you design a hygge lifestyle for yourself?
It’s a practical way of creating more presence and sanctuary in the middle of our every day real and oh so busy life. It’s about noticing the moments and the small things. It’s about lighting the candle, having the glass of mulled wine, and curling up on the couch to listen to some soothing jazz music. Think about Christmas Day at your cabin and sitting around the fireplace relaxing and connecting with your friends and family with no TV on and no cell phones in hand to check Instagram every 20 minutes. That’s a glimpse of hygge.
There are many benefits of embracing this hygge lifestyle in your own life. It leads to a more calm and relaxing lifestyle. It cultivates connection with others which leads to higher trust in others and heightens your faith in what’s possible for your future. It also leads to a healthier, happier, YOU! It’s no surprise that Denmark was rated the happiest country in the world in 2016 and it’s always at the top of the charts. (The Happiest Countries)I’m willing to learn from this culture and am loving every part of embracing this hygge lifestyle so far.
What type of lifestyle do you want to embrace as you design your days? Share a note below and let me know! I would love to hear your thoughts and what type of lifestyle you want to cultivate this year.
If you want to know what’s on my essentials list for cultivating this cozy lifestyle, you can find all of my practical must-haves right here Click Here for the Hygge Essentials for embracing the Hygge lifestyle in your own life.